At HSP Consulting we consider Value Engineering to be one of our strongest assets and have over the years assessed a large number of projects where our innovation and practical approach has ensured that cost effective solutions are delivered for both the Contractor and the Client.
Whether we save money in the ground by balancing the cut & fill and reduce the foundation costs or assess the structure to provide a cheaper alternative such as load bearing masonry on multi-storey buildings or more economical drainage / Highway designs, we always assess the alternatives to provide the optimum solution.
Here are some examples of where our expertise has equalled exceptional value for our clients:
- Lower Loveday Street, Birmingham (650 Apartments) – Client: Derwent Housing; Contractor Bluestone; Contract sum of £20m reduced to £18m by removing steel frame and adopting load bearing masonry
- Calladine Park Industrial Estate (50 acres) – Removed the need for Storm Water Attenuation saving some £0.75m
- Huthwaite Industrial Unit – The scheme was over budget due to the original engineer recommending piling the entire unit. We inspected the ground conditions and removed the piling/caps/ground beams/suspended slabs saving £0.5m
- Marco Island at Nottingham – £25m retail/residential scheme. We employed several techniques to reduce the steel costs (14 storeys high) and foundation sizes and saved some £0.75m on the project
- Chubb Security Warehouse at Bentley Bridge, Birmingham – We were appointed as the engineers on
this scheme after we removed the need for piling the foundation and ground floor slab. Saving of
For more specific details on our Value Engineering projects, please click on the below Case Studies link.